KairosGroupies

For friends who lived in and who just love Kairos.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Change of Venue

Of course, Rockridge is to Oakland as Riverdale is to the Bronx. Just trying to re-live my childhood, I guess.

I wanted to blog to say hi to everyone; moving is always exciting, but a little depressing. It makes everything seem so transitory. So yes, a Kairos reunion would be great.

Also, does anyone think a med school blog would be interesting? There have been a lot of really great issues coming up among my classmates -- like our relationships to the cadavers we work on in anatomy lab. Turns out several of us have been "checking in" with the bodies, to thank them or just say hi. Some are disturbed by the idea of using a human being (or former human being, depending on how you think about it), some feel a positive connection with the people who donated their earthly remains so we could learn. Either way, anatomy has brought out entirely new emotional reactions in all of us.

So give me feedback on the med school blog idea if you like it; if not, I know you all are too nice to say so. I'll take the silence as an "eh."

Back to studying!

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Ringo said...

Personally, I'd love to hear what med school is like. All I have to go on are these stupid books.

Have you named your cadaver?

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Rica said...

Cool -- maybe I'll try to get a med school blog up and running! I got one reader....

We haven't named the cadavers because we decided it would be weird to assign a name to a person that once had his or her own name. But again, lots of valid opinions around that.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger jessicaerin said...

I would love to read that! and now that I have googlereader, I can easily keep up with blogs. I sound like an infomercial.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Michael Copperman said...

Rica-- glad to hear everything's going well, including the cadaver fun.

I'd read your blog. Do it.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger RFamily said...

i want to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home